We’re looking for a bright enthusiastic person FT or jobshare, to join our small team and help make Neath Port Talbot the place to be for community energy.
Awel Aman Tawe is a registered charity which is developing a programme of work to support low carbon regeneration. This post is funded through the Rural Development Programme in Neath Port Talbot. A full job description is here AATDevelopmentOfficerJD
AAT works on a number of projects including energy efficiency, renewable energy, regeneration, sustainable transport, community arts and educational programmes. It has developed two co-operatives and provides management/administrative support to both:
- awel.coop which owns a two-turbine 4.7MW wind scheme on the Gwrhyd above Pontardawe
- egni.coop which owns 179kw of solar pv on 7 community buildings in S. Wales
- to work with a range of communities and community groups in identifying, developing and implementing renewable energy or energy efficiency projects, including coordination, project management, and reporting. This will include the further development of Awel and Egni Co-ops.
- The role will involve the development and delivery of renewables projects from the point of identification, through landowner signature and the planning process with the ultimate aim to deliver consented, economically viable and buildable projects to a point ready for construction.
- To carry out initial feasibility studies and provide advice for sustainable energy proposals, having regard to technical, regulatory, financial, group development and community engagement issues.
- To seek funding for energy projects and manage specialist consultants who would help to take the project forward to planning and implementation.
A relevant background might be energy consultancy, engineering, energy efficiency, renewable or energy supply industry, project management – particularly in the community sector, planning, energy management.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, mainly standard office hours. Occasional evening or weekend work will be required.
Contract: The person(s) will be employed on a 2 year contract by Awel Aman Tawe, with the possibility of extension subject to funding. We welcome applicants who would consider working part time, and we would look to create job share opportunities with other applicants where appropriate.
Place of work: This post will be based in AAT’s Cwmllynfell Office. AAT has a home working policy which allows for home based working as appropriate.
Salary: £27,000 – £34,000 (will depend on qualifications and experience)
Closing Date: 27th July 2018 Interviews: Friday 10th August 2018